Houston Collie Rescue
For the best match between Collie and family, as well as to protect our dogs, Houston Collie Rescue screens our applicants carefully. Please read our Terms of Adoption and take the time to answer our questionnaire carefully and thoughtfully. Thank you for your interest in adopting a rescue Collie.
1) Have you ever owned a Collie? ___________________________________
2) Do you still have that dog? Yes: ___ No: ___ M/F ____ Age: _____
3) What happened to your last Collie? ________________________________________
4) Please explain your responses below. During the last two years:
5) For what purpose do you want this Collie? ____________________________________
6) Do you have any other animals? Yes: ___ No: ___
7) Do you have children at home? Yes: ___ No: ___
8) Do you live in a house? ___ Apartment? ___ Condo? ___Mobile Home? ___
9) Do you Rent? ___ Own? ___
10) If you rent, do you have the landlord's permission to keep a dog?
11) Do you have a yard? Yes: ___ No: ___ Is it fenced? Yes: ___ No: ___
12) Is someone home during the day? Yes: ___ No: ___
13) What provisions will be made for your Collie if nobody is home during the day?
14) What provisions will be made for your Collie in the case of an unforeseen emergency event?
15) Do you intend to keep the Collie primarily indoors ___ or outdoors ___?
16) Where will the Collie sleep? Please explain: _________________________________
17) Do you have a sex preference? Yes: ___ No: ___ Male: ___ Female:___
18) Do you have a color preference? Yes: ___ No: ___
19) What age range would you prefer? _____________
20) Would you consider a Collie-mix? Yes: ___ No: ___
21) Are other members of your household aware that you are considering adopting a Collie?
22) Are you prepared to assume the financial responsibilities of caring for a Collie, including inoculations,
heartworm preventative, veterinarian care, good quality food, licensing, etc.?
23) Do you understand that the Collie you adopt must be kept on monthly heartworm and flea preventative?
24) Are you planning to move in the near future? Yes: ___ No: ___
25) Is anyone in your house allergic to animals? Yes: ___ No: ___
26) Are you familiar with the animal control regulations in your area? Yes: ___ No: ___
27) Is this Collie going to be a gift? Yes: ___ No: ___
28) Do you understand that Collies are known for being "barkers"? Yes: ___ No: ___
29) Do you have plans to have any dog de-barked? Yes: ___ No: ___
30) Do you understand that Collies can be shy and aloof with new people? Yes___ No: ___
31) How will you transport a Collie?
32) Are you prepared to do the extra grooming a Collie’s double coat requires?
33) Do you understand that any rescue Collie that you may adopt through Houston Collie Rescue will be spayed/neutered? Yes: ___ No: ___
34) When you need to discipline the Collie, how would you do it?
35) What circumstances, in your mind, justify ‘giving up’ a Collie?
36) Are you willing to allow a Houston Collie Rescue representative to visit your home by appointment? Yes: ___ No: ___
37) How did you hear about Houston Collie Rescue?
Do you accept that to defray our program expenses for rehabilitating your dog and to help the next rescue Collie there will be a
$275.00 for all dogs age 1-9, $125 for dogs 10+, and a minimum of $300 and mot to exceed $500 for all puppies under 12 months payable immediately by check, cash, or money order upon adoption and delivery of the adopted Collie?
I am in full agreement with the Houston Collie Rescue Terms of Adoption (below). By signing below I am attesting to the truthfulness of my answers. I agree the adopted Collie shall not be kept exclusively outside. I understand that falsification of any of the above information will be grounds to disallow the adoption of a rescue Collie.
NOTE: If you are under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian must also sign this application. Thank you for considering a dog from Houston Collie Rescue.
Please return to: